Breaking! Official 2024 Saints UDFA Class: currently 16 Signings & 19 R-Minicamp Invites (3 Viewers)

Wait, the Saints finally signed Haynesworth? Joking. I can remember back in the day we were always pursuing Albert Haynesworth. I hope he is every bit as good as him without all of the side drama. I am excited about his potential.

Loomis is going to have to hit the free agent market hard. Need to sign an established veteran WR, maybe OBJ or Hunter Renfrow. Definitely more offensive line depth (Peat, Becton, and/or Zeitler), a veteran TE, and another safety, maybe Justin Simmons. To me the undrafted free agent list is unwhelming, hopefully the Punter will make the team. Possibly need another RB if last year was a guide, with how long Miller was out with injury. Maybe we make some trades. Still lots of time, but we are lacking in quality depth.
I’m thinking we go for Tyler Boyd I hope. Established very productive veteran with some years left and decent size at 6’2. Rendrow is mediocre outside of one good year. I’d take OBJ always but want a bigger receiver.

The yard averages of punters’ with significantly less attempts were also included in yard-avg rankings. Punt yard averages isn’t the best way to measure efficiency when the punter is among the leaders in IN20, DN, FC, Least Return yards and OPP’s avg LOS after punts.
Pre-snap average LOS before punts is a big factor in who has the most opportunities to average long yards. Our punter last year always punted at NO36-NO40 most of the time. Field position stats like the average LOS before and after punts shows a punter’s impact punt to punt beyond the casual stats.

I’m glad we brought in another punter to compete with Hedley though so we can make sure we have the best punter on the team. Hayball has a great chance to become the guy
Hedley is not a good punter, lets leave it at that. I've seen him kick on TV and in person. We need someone new.

Hedley is not a good punter, lets leave it at that. I've seen him kick on TV and in person. We need someone new.
I wanted the punter from Iowa but Chicago nabbed him in the 4th. BYU had a great punter, I liked but we signed the Vandy punter, so we shall see. The Saints need a new punter after what we went through last season and possibly a new kicker. Liver cost cost us several games and we missed the playoffs by one game.

Hedley is not a good punter, let’s leave it at that. I've seen him kick on TV and in person. We need someone new.
I saw Hedley kick at home and away games in person too. He’s a very good punter for field position and the coverage unit according to IN20, little-no return yards, and average opponent LOS after punts. We not use to seeing a punter punt for team field position instead of punting for the most yards for themselves. Yard avgs doesn’t directly indicate anything positive for the team/coverage unit.

Hayball is the same Aussie style punter as Hedley. He’s 4 years younger so he puts more power behind his punts and adds 5-10 yards to them. The difference is Hayball’s 50+ yard punts allowed 15-25 yard returns in college more often than Hedley allowed a 6+ yard return last year. Hayball almost has as many 33-40 yard punts landing outside of the 20 as he does 50-60 yard punts. It won’t be easy to beat out Hedley in field position consistency but Hayball has a good leg with youth on his side.

Nice we got a bunch of guards and an Offensive Coordinator out of Tulane...

Loomis is going to have to hit the free agent market hard. Need to sign an established veteran WR, maybe OBJ or Hunter Renfrow. Definitely more offensive line depth (Peat, Becton, and/or Zeitler), a veteran TE, and another safety, maybe Justin Simmons. To me the undrafted free agent list is unwhelming, hopefully the Punter will make the team. Possibly need another RB if last year was a guide, with how long Miller was out with injury. Maybe we make some trades. Still lots of time, but we are lacking in quality depth.
Agreed on signing another player at S, OL, RB, except WR. I think we’ll add Justin Simmons and Peat/Becton as soon as signings doesn’t count against the comp pick formula after the first week of May I believe.

I really thought we would’ve added Renfrow in March. But we signed two other vet WRs Ced Wilson and St. Brown instead. They’re turning 28 and 29 and both are familiar with the offense. I don’t think there’s room for another vet there at least a big name like Renfrow since they wouldn’t be walking into a guaranteed roster spot. About 4 WRs are roster locks in $ guarantees and previous production; CO, Sheed, Perry, & Wilson. Bub Means was just drafted and adds another dynamic to the WR unit in physicality & YAC. I think Means and St. Brown will be the 5th & 6th WRs. The udfa Kyle Sheets could push St. Brown. We usually don’t carry above 6 WRs but Stanley Morgan Jr. could make the team for ST. Maybe Morgan Jr takes the 6th spot as a STer.

Agreed on signing another player at S, OL, RB, except WR. I think we’ll add Justin Simmons and Peat/Becton as soon as signings doesn’t count against the comp pick formula after the first week of May I believe.

I really thought we would’ve added Renfrow in March. But we signed two other vet WRs Ced Wilson and St. Brown instead. They’re turning 28 and 29 and both are familiar with the offense. I don’t think there’s room for another vet there at least a big name like Renfrow since they wouldn’t be walking into a guaranteed roster spot. About 4 WRs are roster locks in $ guarantees and previous production; CO, Sheed, Perry, & Wilson. Bub Means was just drafted and adds another dynamic to the WR unit in physicality & YAC. I think Means and St. Brown will be the 5th & 6th WRs. The udfa Kyle Sheets could push St. Brown. We usually don’t carry more than 6 WRs but Stanley Morgan Jr. could make the team for ST.

We've actually got a shot at a late seventh round pick for Zack Baun, so it makes sense why we'd wait at this point.

We've actually got a shot at a late seventh round pick for Zack Baun, so it makes sense why we'd wait at this point.

Comp pick formula window ends sooner than I thought. We could start seeing a couple notable vet signings happen sometime during this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom