New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Tech-Talk Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 01-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

itztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura about
Computer typing backwards and other problems - Help

For the past two days, while on the internet, the computer goes berserk and decides to type backwards and to add to that, if you put the cursor on File, Edit, View, etc.... it will start jumping around to that whole row of commands. I can restart the computer by manually shutting it down (holding the power button down) and it works fine for a few minutes before acting up again. Help, I dont know what to do to resolve this issue.

I am running Windows XP Professional, AVG antivirus (ran a test no viruses), I also ran Adaware (no problems there either).
itztime is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
I'm a beast.. :shrug:

Beast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Beast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Is it only while you're on the internet that it does this? Does it do it while using any other programs like Word?

Also, what browser are you using?
Beast is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

itztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura aboutitztime has a spectacular aura about
Only on the internet, no other programs. Firefox, the 2.0

Old 01-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #4

Beast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Beast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Do you have any extensions or themes installed? If so, you may want to try running the browser in safe mode.. To do this, right click on the Firefox shortcut Desktop icon and click on Properties.. In the "Target" line, add "-safe-mode" without the quotes right after firefox.exe.. Click OK and then start the browser from the icon.. It's possible that the extensions or themes may not be 2.0 compatible and causing the browser problems..

Old 01-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #5

I've looked on www.bugzilla.com and I see a couple that relate to this issue, but they were for earlier versions of Mozilla or involved a Java applet in the page..

Old 01-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

I checked Explorer, the new version an it is also doing it. I'll try the safe mode for firefox, the only extension I am running is the IE tab.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by itztime View Post
I checked Explorer, the new version an it is also doing it. I'll try the safe mode for firefox, the only extension I am running is the IE tab.
With Explorer also doing it, then it's not a Firefox-specific problem.. But it only happens with web browsers.. Sounds like some sort of spyware.. I know you said you ran AdAware, but maybe download Spybot S&D and try it.. It finds things that AdAware doesn't alot of times.. Also, you may want to download HiJackThis! and post the log file from it..

Old 01-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #8

Mumu Champion

Severum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club Member
Severum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club MemberSeverum Prestigious Gold Club Member
http://www.interdys.org/

If that doesn't help, I'm not sure of a solution. When you say typing backwards is everything consistently inverted or just partially? If it was happening all the time instead of just online I'd guess keyboard l/r key issues since that would also cause the file menu problems. Some older trojans could do similar things, haven't heard of any recent ones doing it. Hijackthis/Spybot are good suggestions.
Severum is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #9
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Yes everything is consistently typing backwards, the cursor automatically starts inverting before each letter. It this only happens once I get on the internet, the internet initiates it, than from than on, no matter what I do is screwed by typing backwards or everything jumping around.

Here is the scan log from Hijack This

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:47:38 PM, on 1/7/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\BellSouth\Connection Tool\IPClient.exe
C:\Program Files\BellSouth\Connection Tool\IPMon32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\Go ogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\BellSouth Accelerator Technology\propelac.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\KHAL\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\My Documents\Unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.bellsouth.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://home.bellsouth.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Bellsouth® Internet Service
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:8080
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IE_PopupBlocker Class - {656EC4B7-072B-4698-B504-2A414C1F0037} - C:\Program Files\BellSouth Accelerator Technology\prpl_IePopupBlocker.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaFace Integration] C:\Program Files\Fellowes\MediaFACE 4.0\SetHook.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightLAN 01] "C:\Program Files\BellSouth\Connection Tool\IPClient.exe" -l
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightMonitor 01] "C:\Program Files\BellSouth\Connection Tool\IPMon32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Propel Accelerator] "C:\Program Files\BellSouth Accelerator Technology\trayctl.exe" /STARTUPLAUNCH
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\Go ogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\PrintMaster 16\pmremind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Refresh Pa&ge with Full Quality - C:\Program Files\BellSouth Accelerator Technology\pac-page.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Refresh Pi&cture with Full Quality - C:\Program Files\BellSouth Accelerator Technology\pac-image.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://home.bellsouth.net
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Sansa Updater Service (SansaService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\SansaSvr.exe

Old 01-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #10

Hmm.. I don't really see anything suspicious in the HiJackThis! log unless I missed something.. This is definitely an interesting problem..

Old 01-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #11

Is your left arrow button stuck? If you click on File with the left arrow button held down, it scrolls through the menus like you described in the first post.. If you're typing with the arrow button held down or stuck, it would simulate typing backwards..

Old 01-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

No it's not stuck.

I did though update Spybot and ran it and Spybot found 3 or 4 things, I fixed those and restarted. Since the restart, I hadn't had any problems, both my wife and I were probably on it for an hour a piece with no problems. So hopefully those were the problems that Spybot had fixed.

Thanks for everyones help.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #13
Hall-of-Famer

SaintsBrazil is a jewel in the rough
SaintsBrazil is a jewel in the roughSaintsBrazil is a jewel in the roughSaintsBrazil is a jewel in the roughSaintsBrazil is a jewel in the rough
.melborp emas eht tog ev'I won
SaintsBrazil is online now Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #14
Hall-of-Famer

SaintsBrazil is a jewel in the rough
SaintsBrazil is a jewel in the roughSaintsBrazil is a jewel in the roughSaintsBrazil is a jewel in the roughSaintsBrazil is a jewel in the rough
ok, apparently mine fixed itself when I closed and reopened firefox... no problem....
SaintsBrazil is online now Reply With Quote