New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board) > Wallpapers

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
Greenbrier Resort Bound

Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saints, black helmet!!!

Can someone do a wallpaper with a Saints' black helmet with the fleur-de-lis in gold highlighted in white?..That would be KILLER.
Saints 4 life is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
Who Dat!!

smoothie23 has disabled reputation
What do you think of this?

Helmet: Black with gold/white/gold stripes
Face Mask: white
Chin Strap: black
mouth piece: black
Number: white
fleur-de-lis: white outline in black outline in gold outline in white
plastic white flap in front would read saints in black & the white flap in back of helmet would read new orleans in black
smoothie23 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
Pro-Bowler

strandedsaint has disabled reputation
I actually saw the Saints wear black helmets once. In a preseason game at Tulane Stadium. I don't remember the year but i was very young. I kinda remember the helmet being all black with white stripes and i think the fleur dis lis was outlined in white.
strandedsaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #4
Veteran

lechapman is an unknown quantity at this point
1969-For preseason games exclusively-Black helmets with gold Fluer-de-Lis on either side and gold and white striping down the middle. Helmets have been gold ever since.
lechapman is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
Greenbrier Resort Bound

Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie23 View Post
What do you think of this?

Helmet: Black with gold/white/gold stripes
Face Mask: white
Chin Strap: black
mouth piece: black
Number: white
fleur-de-lis: white outline in black outline in gold outline in white
plastic white flap in front would read saints in black & the white flap in back of helmet would read new orleans in black
You gonna hook it up bro? I'd love to see the face mask black

Old 07-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
Pro-Bowler

strandedsaint has disabled reputation
Thanks, I was 8 years old then! I liked the black helmets though
strandedsaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
Who Dat!!

smoothie23 has disabled reputation
I was hoping someone could put it together for me....
smoothie23 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
Cha-Ching

Deacon is an unknown quantity at this point

Found this.....

Saints: In 1969, New Orleans showed up for preseason games wearing black helmets. Just one slight problem: They'd failed to inform the league office about the switcheroo, leading to a big kerfuffle that resulted in the ebony headwear being shipped off to a junior-level team (full details here, courtesy of the mighty Helmet Hut site). Some might argue that this is more than just a prototype, since the Saints actually wore it on the field,

Last edited by Deacon; 08-10-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added info
Deacon is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
Greenbrier Resort Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post

Found this.....

Saints: In 1969, New Orleans showed up for preseason games wearing black helmets. Just one slight problem: They'd failed to inform the league office about the switcheroo, leading to a big kerfuffle that resulted in the ebony headwear being shipped off to a junior-level team (full details here, courtesy of the mighty Helmet Hut site). Some might argue that this is more than just a prototype, since the Saints actually wore it on the field,
Bought this off Ebay.

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
Cajun Who Dat Bayou Boy.

duck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished road
I Wish we can have the black helments and wear them from now on... I really like the different look so nice.WHODAT BABY

Old 06-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
Very Banned

SaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
SaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 life View Post
Bought this off Ebay.

In the last pics, remove the stripes down the center, paint the facemask black, and im sold!

SaintBrad is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
Cajun Saint

maestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popularmaestreaux is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 life View Post
Can someone do a wallpaper with a Saints' black helmet with the fleur-de-lis in gold highlighted in white?..That would be KILLER.
Here ya go. i did it with two different Fleur-di-lis colors. Let me know if you need it in a different resolution size
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saints-blkhelmet1.jpg (170.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Saints-blkhelmet2.jpg (170.5 KB, 57 views)
maestreaux is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
The Commish

FatiusJeebs is marching in
FatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching inFatiusJeebs is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestreaux View Post
Here ya go. i did it with two different Fleur-di-lis colors. Let me know if you need it in a different resolution size
Im tellin ya....you get that black helmet with the gold fleur....the alternate gold jersey....and black pants....and you now have the baddest alternate uniform in the NFL.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
Super Forum Fanatic

Marlboro Man is a splendid one to beholdMarlboro Man is a splendid one to beholdMarlboro Man is a splendid one to behold
Marlboro Man is a splendid one to beholdMarlboro Man is a splendid one to behold
Too small.
Marlboro Man is offline Reply With Quote