New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: Would you buy packaged "seasoned" packages of meat at the grocery store?
Yes, there's nothing wrong with it. 17 32.08%
No, the "seasoning" is used to mask that the meat is going bad. 30 56.60%
Other, I'll explain 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #29
Resident Beer Vendor

TC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popularTC Baby is becoming pretty popular
mmmmmmmmm meat.....
TC Baby is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #30
King of Nuttin'

KingBarkus is marching in
KingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching inKingBarkus is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
Sam's actually is the best deal/meat around for me. I get Flank, Rib Eye, Country Ribs from there and am quite satisfied by the price and the quality of the meat. I just picked up 8LBS of thick sliced bacon for around 15 bucks. The deals on the Roasts (beef or pork)are real good.
Another vote for Sam's. I buy the marinated pork loin (4 lbs), ribeyes, and even the hamburger pattys. Pork chops also.
KingBarkus is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #31
I aim to Misbehave

Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!Kid Dynomite is a BEAST!
The trick with dry aged beef, is that you have to have a significant enough sized cut in order to do it properly, as it can lose up to 15-20% mass (a lot of it water), and also, the rigor mortis that sets in will spoil the outer portion of the meat. So in essence you're losing about 18-25% of that meat. However, the flavor is excellent, and well worth the price. You definitely want something substantial.

I'm also not a huge fan of the pre seasoned, marinated stuff, mostly because I don't know how long it's been seasoned/marinated. Things can get rather tough in that case (not usually for marinated, but that's a different story).

kd