New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
ALL. THE. WAY.

jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
Swamp People : Season 2

Did anyone watch it? I watched it last night and it was cool. Not as good as the first season as the first season felt "raw". This season is not bad, but more staged. Dude getting bit was kinda funny. I don't like the gator catcher.

I will watch next week though

since my boy was born!
jrdbrn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Porkers?

The Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger Club
The Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger Club
Tommy sat two seats in front of me at a Saints game at the end of last season.

I asked him what he and Joe would have done if they'd have caught those poachers last season. He smiled and gave me the throat cut gesture. Seemed like a likeable guy.
The Mongoose is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
All-Pro

deltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura about
Dang! I missed it.. When does the episode re-air?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
ALL. THE. WAY.

jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
Tommy sat two seats in front of me at a Saints game at the end of last season.

I asked him what he and Joe would have done if they'd have caught those poachers last season. He smiled and gave me the throat cut gesture. Seemed like a likeable guy.
My dad said Joe is his second cousin. Not sure if thats good or bad LOL

since my boy was born!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
23-3 What a Night!!!

peglegpeet13 is marching in
peglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching inpeglegpeet13 is marching in
I love this show. I was bummed they didn't show the guy who goes out with his dog. That dude cracks me up.
peglegpeet13 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
More than 15K posts served!

CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Was looking forwrad to it and missed it.
CHI-TOWNSAINT is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
BRING THE WOOD!!!!

WeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
WeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I loved it. I laughed when the dude got bit and was telling his dad to shot that *beep*er. Then when the gator started chasing the boat after they pulled him back in the water was funny too.
WeatherfordRob is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
Stanky good!

TheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTheGooch is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Love this show...these dudes are insane. Someone needs to chip in and buy Troy a new polo shirt. The guy wears the same dark blue/white stripe shirt every dang episode and he started this season with the same ol shirt...
TheGooch is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
BRING THE WOOD!!!!

WeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
WeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWeatherfordRob is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I have had a run in with a gator one time when we were in the basin.

To make it short we were drinking Jager and Beam along with about 3 cases of beer so that night we all get the bright idea to go ride in the boat. We stop in this little cove to hang out and drink a little more. My buddy Darrell saw this 4 foot gator right by the boat so the dumb*** jumps in the water and grabs him then tosses him in our boat. Surprisingly the gator was fairly calm, probably from being shocked, so I went and grabbed him right behind the head and on the tail and was scarring the little "girls" in the boat. It was definitely a thrill to hold something like that and pretty funny seeing these guys so scared they wanted to jump out of the boat but was more scared that the momma might be hanging around. Good times while drinking.

1 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
Porkers?

The Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger Club
The Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbercegeay View Post
Love this show...these dudes are insane. Someone needs to chip in and buy Troy a new polo shirt. The guy wears the same dark blue/white stripe shirt every dang episode and he started this season with the same ol shirt...
They make them all wear the same clothes as much as possible so they can edit and make things look seamless.

If there's one thing that bothers me about the show, it's the stupid editing designed to make things more exciting. I constantly notice a shot that doesn't make sense. They obviously insert other footage from other times in order to spice up the narrative.

Like, half the time Troy is yelling "shooit! shooit!" is canned footage that has nothing to do with the current gator fight.

I'd like the show better without all that "reality tv" garbage. The subject matter is interesting enough on its own without some heavy-handed production.
The Mongoose is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
BRING THE WOOD!!!!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Wow, I wonder why people feel the need to even do that. It wasn't mean to be useful or not. Just a story of what happened to us about two year ago. I guess some people feel the need to + rep or neg rep for anything.

0 out of 19 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #12
Veteran

broccoli60 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbercegeay View Post
Troy gets a new shirt when Willie gets some new teeth!
broccoli60 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
ALL. THE. WAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccoli60 View Post
Troy gets a new shirt when Willie gets some new teeth!
Aint got no teet in the swamp.

since my boy was born!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
All-Pro

Doug5984 is a jewel in the rough
Doug5984 is a jewel in the roughDoug5984 is a jewel in the roughDoug5984 is a jewel in the roughDoug5984 is a jewel in the roughDoug5984 is a jewel in the roughDoug5984 is a jewel in the roughDoug5984 is a jewel in the roughDoug5984 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
They make them all wear the same clothes as much as possible so they can edit and make things look seamless.

If there's one thing that bothers me about the show, it's the stupid editing designed to make things more exciting. I constantly notice a shot that doesn't make sense. They obviously insert other footage from other times in order to spice up the narrative.

Like, half the time Troy is yelling "shooit! shooit!" is canned footage that has nothing to do with the current gator fight.

I'd like the show better without all that "reality tv" garbage. The subject matter is interesting enough on its own without some heavy-handed production.
I have to agree with this- I like the show, I like what they are doing but they seem to over edit it. They splice all these scenes together, it'll be a 4 ft gator up in some cypress trees one shot, then the next it looks like a 10 ft gator in some marsh grass, then back to the 4 footer that they pull in.