Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Yeah you rite

Location: Louisiana...the greatest 3rd world country in the whole U.S. of A.
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Handgun question (Taurus 605 model .357 magnum and .38 Super +P ammo)

I know the Taurus .357's are compatable with .38 +P ammunition. But does anyone know if it would be compatable with .38 Super +P cartridges? Can't find anything specific on the world wide web.
Broadmoor74 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
Burrrrrrrsitis!

Saint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Saint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaint77 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
The only thing I can offer is to ask that here:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php
Saint77 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
Schlägertruppen

helofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Saint
helofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Saint
I did a google search " firing .38 Super +P in a .357" and got a ton of results. From what ive read, it probably isnt worth the trouble. Super is a more expensive and has a smaller bullet weight and powder charge. Why would you want to shoot 38 super +P when you can run high bullet weight 357 with a hot load and get much more stopping power and be perfectly safe.

Noli non legitime carbor undem est
helofixer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
E tan e epi tas

Det. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Det. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDet. Brees is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
as long as your firing a snub nose pistol there should be no negative problems. if im not mistaken this ammo is for short barrel guns.
Det. Brees is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Yeah you rite

Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by helofixer View Post
I did a google search " firing .38 Super +P in a .357" and got a ton of results. From what ive read, it probably isnt worth the trouble. Super is a more expensive and has a smaller bullet weight and powder charge. Why would you want to shoot 38 super +P when you can run high bullet weight 357 with a hot load and get much more stopping power and be perfectly safe.
For a couple of reasons. First of all, I found the Super +P's listed at half-price at Cabela's. Secondly, I want my wife to be able to fire it without the complete mule-kick.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Yeah you rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by southland22 View Post
as long as your firing a snub nose pistol there should be no negative problems. if im not mistaken this ammo is for short barrel guns.
The Taurus 605 .357 Magnum is a revolver with a 2" barrel.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
Angler of the Year

FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
Ah man!! let her shoot the .357's....Shooting a .38 in a .357 is like putting a 4cylinder in a Mack truck...or just get her a S/W "Lady Smith" 9mm, and teach her how to shoot it....

Old 03-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
Dre
More than 15K posts served!

Dre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Dre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
How easy it to bring a handgun from one state to another if you move? Especially if you are moving from one with relatively lax laws to one with stricter laws?
Dre is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #9
Unit 3000-21 is warming.

BigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
BigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBigSlick is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
38 Super is a rimless auto pistol round. I think you need moon clips and a special cylinder to shoot them in a revolver. The only time I've ever seen folks shooting 38 Super was in race guns at an IPSC or steel shoot, and in those cases it's all hand loaded stuff.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
Hall-of-Famer

whodatdabeaux is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdabeaux is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdabeaux is a splendid one to behold
whodatdabeaux is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdabeaux is a splendid one to behold
I would not even try it they are two different rounds. I worked at a gun shop before and had someone explain this to a customer but I don't remember the specifics but I do remember it being a no no.
whodatdabeaux is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #11
Drawn from the water.

Moses is on a distinguished roadMoses is on a distinguished roadMoses is on a distinguished roadMoses is on a distinguished road
Listen to helofixer.
Moses is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
All-Pro

tjharris has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
How easy it to bring a handgun from one state to another if you move? Especially if you are moving from one with relatively lax laws to one with stricter laws?
it depends if your flying or driving.
flying: check with the airline before hand and they'll tell you how you have to pack and check it.
driving: you gotta know every states gun laws you driving thru and follow there laws while in there state.
tjharris is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
Super Forum Fanatic

theicebox is a glorious beacon of lighttheicebox is a glorious beacon of light
theicebox is a glorious beacon of light
I would go with the Taurus Judge, can either hold 45 caliber bullets or 410 slugs.
Mean mean handgun.
theicebox is offline Reply With Quote