Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 09-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
XLIV

DSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to behold
DSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Audio/Video/News Contributions Award 
Total Awards: 1

The Truth About Saints vs Colts (from NOLA.com)

http://blog.nola.com/nolasports/

Just posted. Feedback appreciated.

The Official SaintsReport Podcast
DSchexnaydre is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
I should change my avi

Saintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura about
I always enjoy your columns, but I usually have one or two things I disagree with.

However, in this case, I agree with absolutely everything. Great column. We will bounce back next week!
Saintsphere is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

PraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura about
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSchexnaydre View Post
http://blog.nola.com/nolasports/

Just posted. Feedback appreciated.
Great column I admit and I laughed at your last comment about if we lose to the Bucs. But I think that just it, what do we believe if they lose next week and repeat much of the same garbage we saw last night?

Old 09-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
Veteran Starter

danny1063 is on a distinguished roaddanny1063 is on a distinguished roaddanny1063 is on a distinguished roaddanny1063 is on a distinguished road
Yes, this article puts a rational light onto last night’s game. Yes, it seems level headed and accurate. What it article doesn’t take into consideration is every Saints fan’s God given right to overreact. What fun would winning be if every victory was not a sign from above that the Saints were going to win the Superbowl? If every defeat was not a clear indication that we were returning to the days of the “aints,” then what reason would we have for calling in sick on Monday?

One of the great things about being a “who dat” is that while on Monday and Tuesday we might feel like the sky is falling, by Thursday we have already calculated what needs to be done on Sunday to have the Saints back in the playoff hunt. Yea, I’ll admit that 19-0 was a little bit of a stretch, but 18-1…..hey, it could happen.
danny1063 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

PraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura aboutPraisetheSaints has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
Yes, this article puts a rational light onto last night’s game. Yes, it seems level headed and accurate. What it article doesn’t take into consideration is every Saints fan’s God given right to overreact. What fun would winning be if every victory was not a sign from above that the Saints were going to win the Superbowl? If every defeat was not a clear indication that we were returning to the days of the “aints,” then what reason would we have for calling in sick on Monday?

One of the great things about being a “who dat” is that while on Monday and Tuesday we might feel like the sky is falling, by Thursday we have already calculated what needs to be done on Sunday to have the Saints back in the playoff hunt. Yea, I’ll admit that 19-0 was a little bit of a stretch, but 18-1…..hey, it could happen.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #6
Hall-of-Famer

Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!Pa.Saint is a BEAST!
I also liked the read, my thoughts plain and simple... their front seven controled our running game [2 running backs], our front seven couldn't control one running back!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
Cartoonish Supervillain

Chairman_LMAO is a glorious beacon of lightChairman_LMAO is a glorious beacon of light
Chairman_LMAO is a glorious beacon of lightChairman_LMAO is a glorious beacon of lightChairman_LMAO is a glorious beacon of lightChairman_LMAO is a glorious beacon of lightChairman_LMAO is a glorious beacon of lightChairman_LMAO is a glorious beacon of light
Cool. I posted on my blog today too.
Chairman_LMAO is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #8
Practice Squad

MetryFan is an unknown quantity at this point
feedback

David,

Once again, great story, and it appears that you addressed most of the "sky is falling" fears. One thing that we know that we can count on is that Sean Payton does a great job of keeping his team on an even keel, and that we can rebound from tough losses. Something that does worry me is that our weaknesses from last year, may still be weaknesses again in 2007 to some extent. Stopping the run, preventing big pass plays over the top, DLine play, Linebacker play (except Fujita). It is beginning to look more like we can take care of business against most (if not all) NFC teams, but really can struggle against the cream of the crop of the AFC (top 5). Not a big news story, but at some point we have to close that gap between the NFC and AFC.
MetryFan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #9
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetryFan View Post
David,

Once again, great story, and it appears that you addressed most of the "sky is falling" fears. One thing that we know that we can count on is that Sean Payton does a great job of keeping his team on an even keel, and that we can rebound from tough losses. Something that does worry me is that our weaknesses from last year, may still be weaknesses again in 2007 to some extent. Stopping the run, preventing big pass plays over the top, DLine play, Linebacker play (except Fujita). It is beginning to look more like we can take care of business against most (if not all) NFC teams, but really can struggle against the cream of the crop of the AFC (top 5). Not a big news story, but at some point we have to close that gap between the NFC and AFC.
Well let's see if we can beat the NFC teams this year...we haven't played them yet. If we play like last night against the Bucs, be worried folks. Be real worried.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #10

Wakey is on a distinguished roadWakey is on a distinguished roadWakey is on a distinguished roadWakey is on a distinguished road
Ya gotta admit though, we got absolutely PASTED in our last 2 games

Nice read David, feel free to update more often

{edit} Just realized you are posting more often @ NOLA, too much beer last night I suppose.

Last edited by Wakey; 09-07-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Wakey is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #11
Veteran Starter

HoumaSaint has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny B View Post

win,lose,or draw. i still bleed black and gold
HoumaSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #12
just jack'em up

Teach is on a distinguished roadTeach is on a distinguished roadTeach is on a distinguished road
Right on the money...
Teach is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #13
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!Eric in LA is a BEAST!
I thought we should have started looking for a new head coach after the Chicago game last year. We've lost two in a row now and the team has completely quit on him...
Eric in LA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #14
Subscribing Member

bquinton3 is a jewel in the rough
bquinton3 is a jewel in the roughbquinton3 is a jewel in the rough
Well said! Look out Bucs.
bquinton3 is online now Reply With Quote