Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 08-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
XLIV

DSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to behold
DSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to beholdDSchexnaydre is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Audio/Video/News Contributions Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quick Thoughts on Game from NOLA.com

I just posted this column on Nola

http://blog.nola.com/nolasports/

Also, if you haven't read the column below it, on last year's Monday night game, you might want to give it a look. Thanks.
DSchexnaydre is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
Victim of Laughing Chance

purvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Club
purvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Clubpurvis_guy 40K Burger Club
"+ Tackling is still a problem with the defense. The Bengals second drive should have been 3 and out, but Dhani Jones misses a tackle on a screen on 2nd down and then on 3rd down McKenzie and Bullocks both miss badly, allowing Rudi Johnson to get a first down. The Saints have struggled with solid tackling ever since John Bunting left. Seriously, who is teaching these guys to tackle? Tebucky Jones?"
LOL!! Great work, David!, Thanks for sharing!
purvis_guy is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
TI
Veteran

TI is an unknown quantity at this point
Great Observations.
TI is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Veteran

Saintsabroad is on a distinguished roadSaintsabroad is on a distinguished road
Follow the link to his article written the day after the Superdome re-opened. Just gives me goosebumps man...Goosebumps. Still.
Saintsabroad is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
just jack'em up

Teach is on a distinguished roadTeach is on a distinguished roadTeach is on a distinguished road
Does anybody eat more on the sidelines than Drew Brees? Last week, they showed him and he was eating what looked like a power bar, or granola bar, and then this week he was eating sunflower seeds. I wouldn't be surprised if next week they show him eating a shrimp po-boy.

Good read throughout, David. Thank you.
Teach is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
All-Pro

Fun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura aboutFun Bunch has a spectacular aura about
Love the article, and love the humor throughout. Write pieces like that from now on, and I'll read them every time.
Fun Bunch is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

98greenGT is a jewel in the rough
98greenGT is a jewel in the rough98greenGT is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Bunch View Post
Love the article, and love the humor throughout. Write pieces like that from now on, and I'll read them every time.
I came in here to post that..
98greenGT is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
No talent ***-clown

kevison is an unknown quantity at this point
Very good read.
kevison is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
More than 15K posts served!

CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
great read.....but, that was a poor throw by Baker to Meachem. Colston would not have caught that ball. You statement implies that it should have been caught...that is why I brought it up. There are enough uneducated people spouting off about Meachem, an educated reporter doesn't need to add fuel to the fire.

The part about Herbert is hilarious and dead on......if you are going to be on the radio, you need to have a basic understanding of the English language...don't you?
CHI-TOWNSAINT is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #10
Rethink Everything

Pure Energy is on a distinguished roadPure Energy is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
(Side note: After the game on The Point After, Bobby Hebert said about Robert Meachem, "He's not a rocket science." No, I did not type it incorrectly, that's actually what he said. He said he's not a rocket science. Which, I guess technically, is correct; but still...)

Old 08-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #11
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Six Saint is on a distinguished roadSix Saint is on a distinguished roadSix Saint is on a distinguished roadSix Saint is on a distinguished roadSix Saint is on a distinguished roadSix Saint is on a distinguished roadSix Saint is on a distinguished road
Another good report, David- on the money
Six Saint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #12
Super Forum Fanatic

dninc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
Does anybody eat more on the sidelines than Drew Brees? Last week, they showed him and he was eating what looked like a power bar, or granola bar, and then this week he was eating sunflower seeds. I wouldn't be surprised if next week they show him eating a shrimp po-boy.

Good read throughout, David. Thank you.
LMAO!! Yup, Drew Brees is a True New Orleanian now, always eatin something lol, now a Shrimp Po-boy on National TV would be Funny as heck to see lol..
dninc is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #13
Rookie

NOblues has disabled reputation
Good article; well written and entertaining.

I also liked the one from last year, especially the line: "You don't hold on to the Saints, they hold on to you.". Yep, that pretty much sums it up!
NOblues is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #14
I should change my avi

Saintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsphere has a spectacular aura about
I sort of disagree with the McKenzie thing seeing as he was going up against arguably the best WR in the NFL.

McKenzie isn't a great ball hawking DB but he does his job as well as any DB in the league and we would be screwed without him.
Saintsphere is offline Reply With Quote