New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 08-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Gonzo Moderator

RockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger Club
RockyMtnSaint 50K Burger Club
Knockoff Jersey Reviews

So far I've picked up 4 knockoff jerseys and I know that there's been a lot of discussion about the quality of these things. So I wanted to post some pictures and discuss my impression of these jerseys.

Discussion of these jerseys or your own (including photos) is encouraged. However, I don't want this to devolve into talking about how evil people are for supporting Chinese sweatshops or whatever. That's certainly a valid topic but it's not this topic. Please limit your responses to discussion of the quality of these jerseys and how they compare to true authentic jerseys.

We'll start out with the black Drew Brees jersey. I got this jersey a year ago from BCB Jerseys. I'm starting with this one because I feel like it's about as good as a knockoff can get. The color of the numbers is accurate, the gold around the neck is good and the FDL is pretty decent. The FDL is embroidered in place as all knockoffs are. This means that it's not a sewn-on patch but the embroidery is done directly onto the fabric. My only real complaints are that the number on the front seems a little small and there is a lot of stray thread around the sewn-on patches and numbers. Here are the photos:

Next up we'll look at the Jackson throwback.

4 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Gonzo Moderator

RockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger Club
Here's the Rickey Jackson throwback that I got from Yuki Jersey. Overall, this one isn't horrible but it's not the best either. The LA patches seem a bit anemic to me. The gold collar looks too dark to my eye also. On the other hand, the 25th anniversary patch is decent and it's sewn on. There was a lot of stray backing left on behind the shoulder numbers but it looks ok from the front.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Gonzo Moderator

Now, we'll look at the Tracey Porter white superbowl jersey. I also got this one from Yuki. One problem that has plagued white jerseys is the terrible FDL. I don't know why this is but a lot of people have complained about it. The FDLs on this jersey are better than most white ones that I've seen. The biggest problem is that on the left arm there is a gap between the white and gold borders that frame the logo. Also the colors in the superbowl patch look a bit washed out. Maybe this is a good thing because I hated the colors in that design...until we won the superbowl, that is. My other complaint is that the gold in the numbers is too dark.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Gonzo Moderator

Last up is the Pierre Thomas white superbowl jersey. Again, this came from Yuki but the quality is vastly different from the Porter jersey. In fact this one is a train wreck. It has the same problems that the Porter jersey has but in addition the fleurs-de-lis are just awful. These must be the ones that everybody is complaining about. Another problem with this jersey is that the elastic around the arm holes is not as wide as the Porter and it's also rougher feeling. Even for the money, I'm disappointed with this one. While the others have problems, there is decent quality for the money. This one is flat busted.

If anybody wants closeups of any parts of these jerseys let me know.

Last edited by RockyMtnSaint; 08-28-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling
RockyMtnSaint is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Playmaker

adsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
adsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Thanks a lot man. I've been looking for a comparison from a few of the sites, and if some other people will post theirs with different sites it would be awesome. I've been looking around for good knock offs and I have it narrowed down between BCB and another one who's name esacpes me (I remember it had a weird ordering prcoess, you subit a request for an order and the e-mail you back). The problem I've seen with the FDLs aren't the one that is on your Thomas jersey, but rather the bottom side parts of it were too skinny. But like I said, thank you greatly for the review.
adsmm23 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Gonzo Moderator

I don't know if BCB is still in business. I was looking for them earlier and the website appeared to be down.

The problem with the FDL on the Thomas jersey is that the top "petal" of the flower is not curved correctly. It's too skinny overall and the petal is almost straight along the sides. Looks turrible to me. I would like to try to get that jersey from somewhere else to see if I have better luck with it. I still want a Henderson jersey so I'm going to try ordering those two from a different site.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
Super Forum Fanatic

UFCSaint has disabled reputation
Yeah I have several jerseys as well. I have one that actually came from the Saints organization so I kinda use it to compare against all my others. The YUKI jersey of Rickey is actually one of the better knock-off I've seen. I am more than happy with it. I have a Drew jersey from YUKI that has that weird FDL so I am trying to replace the patches on it. Then I have a Deuce jersey that has that solid FDL on it instead of the complete stitching that makes up the FDL. My faves are prob a Manning jersey I have and a Rickey jersey I have. Neither are the authentic colors of the time (they are done in a modern color scheme) but I like them both. If I think of it I will try to get some pics on here of them.
UFCSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
Tailgating Enthusiast

mrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
mrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
i heard the guy brian from BCB's got in big trouble. thats why most of these knockoff people are outside of the country, the laws here on copyright infringment in the US are tough.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
Have Faith In Breesus

saints5021 is a glorious beacon of light
saints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of lightsaints5021 is a glorious beacon of light
I bought a black Vilma and a White Brees from http://www.nflnhljerseys.com/

The black one is one of the best knockoffs I have seen. The fleur de lis is pretty accurate and the Golds look good. The white is OK, but the gold is more of a yellow and the fleur de lis is black outlined in yellow. It looks like a knockoff. Additionally, my wife got a white youth Brees jersey that has one of the best fleur de lis I have seen. Unfortunately, the Brees on the back looks pretty bad. I would recommend the black one to anyone looking. I think it is the closest you can find. I would stay away from the white. Lastly, I wear a L in the Authentic but needed an XL in this. I got a XXL in the Vilma and found it was slightly too big, but I like the fit better than the Brees.

saints5021 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
Thanks MJ!

Flipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger Club
Flipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger ClubFlipx99 40K Burger Club
Actually, if you want to contact BCBS you can do so here:

maya.jerseys@gmail.com
Flipx99 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Darlexat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDarlexat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDarlexat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDarlexat is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Darlexat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDarlexat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDarlexat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDarlexat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDarlexat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDarlexat is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I got 8 different ones from China for $30 each, no shipping or tax and they arrived in 1 week. Compared them to an Authentic that I had purchased last year and I would defy anyone to tell the difference. Even the Reebock tags etc and the monograms are perfect, IMO. Don't know how they do it.

BB&G, Darlexat
Season Ticket Holder since 1968
2006 was emotional. 2009 was magical. 2013 is personal.
Darlexat is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
Gonzo Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlexat View Post
I got 8 different ones from China for $30 each, no shipping or tax and they arrived in 1 week. Compared them to an Authentic that I had purchased last year and I would defy anyone to tell the difference. Even the Reebock tags etc and the monograms are perfect, IMO. Don't know how they do it.
Which site did you get them from? Post some pictures; I'd love to see how they look.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #13
Gonzo Moderator

Here are the 3 sleeves side-by-side-by-side, left to right, Brees, Porter, Thomas. Here it's easy to see how busted the Thomas FDL is. If you look closely, you can also see that the stretch band on the arm hole is coarser on the Thomas jersey.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
Super Forum Fanatic

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I've got a few jersies from 2 different sites I could take pics of, if anyone is interested.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.