New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #1

brianneu is an unknown quantity at this point
A House Divided

So, I have been a Saints fan for my 30 years on this earth. I am so stoked about the win, I am still oscillating between disbelief and euphoria! That being said, my husband and I met at Indiana University and he's a huge Colts fan. He, too has been cheering for his team his entire life!

Now, here we are living in New Orleans and having to figure out how to make it through the next two weeks with our relationship intact. We've always been very supportive of each other's teams, but I think that ended about 5 celebratory minutes after Garrett Hartley's 40 yard field goal.

Any suggestions?
brianneu is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Super Forum Fanatic

Innotech is marching in
Innotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching inInnotech is marching in
remind him that his fekkin Colts have seen the glory and its our turn.
Innotech is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
The Dome Dunkers

Stealth Matrix is marching in
Stealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching inStealth Matrix is marching in
Oh wow, this is exactly my situation... except i'm the saints fan dude and the girlfriend is the colts fan from indiana. we've been joking about this exact situation occuring all season long, and i've even cheered the colts on a little (manning and wayne with the local connections)... but from the moment that kick was good, it was just... different.

there is no avoiding it, unfortunately. the next 2 weeks will be bitter war...
Stealth Matrix is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
I'm cooking again.

bobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
bobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
A divorce is the only honorable solution.

J/K, a football game shouldn't even be a big test for a strong marriage.
bobad is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
Veteran Starter

BOOTSY will become famous soon enoughBOOTSY will become famous soon enoughBOOTSY will become famous soon enoughBOOTSY will become famous soon enoughBOOTSY will become famous soon enoughBOOTSY will become famous soon enoughBOOTSY will become famous soon enoughBOOTSY will become famous soon enough
Does he have a life insurance policy?
BOOTSY is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Super Forum Fanatic

jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
I live in Dallas and was seeing a girl who is a huge cowboys fan. Things were great until the Cowboys spanked us. It sounds funny, afterall, were not twenty somethings. In fact, our stressed friendship was counting on a rematch which never happened. Once the cowboys lost, she took a few days and last night she cheered for the Saints.

Point is, the next two weeks will be rough. Two weeks after the season is over all will be well, hang in there.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #7
Keeping Faith Since '67

MSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
MSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMSSaintfan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I am a die-hard fan. The Saints are the third most important thing in my family. Faith, Family, Career, Saints. A marriage is "for better or worse, through thick or thin, in good times and bad, 'til death do you part." (Depends on your denomination or personal beliefs.) Just worry about the "death do you part" phrase and everything will be just fine. After we win, just give him the love and support he deserves as loving husband.

As for the man hiding behind the shield, helically insert the rotational threaded device in the proximal region of his rectal orifice!
MSSaintfan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
3rd Generation Fan

kade_l is becoming pretty popularkade_l is becoming pretty popularkade_l is becoming pretty popularkade_l is becoming pretty popularkade_l is becoming pretty popularkade_l is becoming pretty popularkade_l is becoming pretty popularkade_l is becoming pretty popularkade_l is becoming pretty popular
Good luck bro, my ol' lady would know betta
kade_l is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #9
Super Forum Fanatic

SaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
SaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I hear ya...my girlfriend is a Vikings fan and is friends with Adrian Peterson. He texted her after the game

Old 01-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #10
Veteran Starter

ClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura aboutClubberL has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianneu View Post
So, I have been a Saints fan for my 30 years on this earth. I am so stoked about the win, I am still oscillating between disbelief and euphoria! That being said, my husband and I met at Indiana University and he's a huge Colts fan. He, too has been cheering for his team his entire life!

Now, here we are living in New Orleans and having to figure out how to make it through the next two weeks with our relationship intact. We've always been very supportive of each other's teams, but I think that ended about 5 celebratory minutes after Garrett Hartley's 40 yard field goal.

Any suggestions?

Colts have only been in Indianapolis since 1984, so unless your husband is from Baltimore, he can't have more than 26 years invested in his team. If you have 30, you win and he should concede or at least root for his team in silence. Besides, the Colts have a ring already. This is our time.
ClubberL is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
Official SR Twitter Team

Dragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger Club
Dragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger ClubDragon 40K Burger Club
I've been married for 22 years to a Buccaneers fan so we face that problem twice every year.

I think we've just decided that whatever happens with regards to football should have no impact on our non-football relationship.

And yes - on gamedays the living room is divided - I have one half set up with Black and Gold Banners, beads, and Saints stuff, and he has the other half all decked out in Bucs gear and colors. During the game we usually have heated but friendly banter going on, and often makes bets (lost the last one - had to wear a bucs jersey for a day argh... one of the downsides of the Saints loss to the bucs).

I do hope that I win the ultimate prize this year though. Ever since the Bucs won the SB we have had a bet saying that when someones team won a SB we should both attend the first home game following the win, and both should be wearing the winning teams colors. Payback would be soooo sweet - WHO DAT !!
Dragon is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
Subscribing Member

PayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true Saint
PayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true Saint
Earlier this morning I posted an sweet article from the Minneapolis Star Tribune about a Vikings-Saints "mixed marriage". Maybe worth a read. All will be fine.

"Love and football": a mixed marriage in Minneapolis

Love and football: The scene at Rudolphs Bar-B-Que
He's a Vikings fan, she's for the Saints. Together they rode out one roller-coaster game.

Quote:
Karen Kuebel, New Orleans Saints fan and effervescent southern belle, and Mike Cameron, Vikings fan and self-described Minnesota stoic met and fell in love amid the roiling waters of Hurricane Katrina. On Sunday, they faced the confluence of their teams' long frustrated Super Bowl dreams together at Rudolphs Bar-B-Que in Minneapolis; she with a newly purchased Drew Brees Saints jersey; he with a well-worn Vikings sweatshirt.
More at http://www.startribune.com/politics/...rksi8cyaiUUUUs
PayOrPlay is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #13
Hall-of-Famer

NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!NewOrleansFan is a BEAST!
Quote:

Any suggestions?
Tell him he needs to convert before the game and becomes a Saints fan or else. See how long he can hold out. I know I can't.
NewOrleansFan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #14
Administrator

Richard 40K Burger ClubRichard 40K Burger ClubRichard 40K Burger ClubRichard 40K Burger ClubRichard 40K Burger Club
Richard 40K Burger ClubRichard 40K Burger ClubRichard 40K Burger ClubRichard 40K Burger ClubRichard 40K Burger Club
Quote:

Any suggestions?
You are the woman in the relationship and therefore hold ALL of the leverage.
Richard is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.