New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 05-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
I was there!

Nevimeister is a jewel in the rough
Nevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the rough
Drew Brees: Most accurate deep ball in NFL

Point No. 3: When it comes to being a long-ball passing threat, both Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are slipping.

During their spectacular careers, both quarterbacks have been respected for their ability to air it out deep against opposing defenses. But last year, out of the 11 quarterbacks who attempted at least 50 passes that traveled at least 21 air yards before reaching their targets, Manning and Brady -- along with Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco -- were among the least successful.

Over the course of Manning's career, he's completed 35.5% of those long passes. But in 2009, he completed just 18 out of 63 attempts (28.6%) -- third-worst among the 11 quarterbacks and his lowest success rate since his rookie season in 1998 (20.6%). What's most alarming about Manning's completion rate is that it's on the heels of a 2008 season where he completed just 31.3% of those passes after seven consecutive seasons of completing no worse than 36% to as high as 43% of those throws.

Meanwhile, Brady's 2009 results were even worse. He completed just 23.4% of his long-ball attempts (15-64) -- the lowest percentage of the 11 players. While he's posted a a career success rate of 29.2%, his 2009 result was his second-worst performance behind his 15.8% back in 2002. Prior to his season-ending knee injury in 2008, Brady connected on 43% of his long-ball attempts in 2007 and 35% in 2006.

By far, the most successful quarterback in this category last year was the New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees, who completed 29 of 56 attempts (51.8%) for 1,119 yards and 11 touchdowns. Steelers' quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (45.5%) was second while the Jaguars' David Garrard (40.4%) was third.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/R...e-excuses-5210
Nevimeister is offline Reply With Quote

26 out of 26 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
Super Forum Fanatic

Innotech is a jewel in the rough
Innotech is a jewel in the roughInnotech is a jewel in the roughInnotech is a jewel in the roughInnotech is a jewel in the roughInnotech is a jewel in the roughInnotech is a jewel in the roughInnotech is a jewel in the roughInnotech is a jewel in the roughInnotech is a jewel in the rough
I just love the fact that Brees no longer has to point to his stats to show how great he is. the ring will pretty much say everything to his critics.
But now he has a ring AND those crazy numbers.
Innotech is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Mardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to all
Mardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to allMardiboys is a name known to all
Nice to hear our QB is so darn good. Fantasy footballers are drooling.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
Village Idiot

SebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger Club
SebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger ClubSebaSaint 40K Burger Club
Drew Brees, how do I love thee, let me count the ways.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
Super Forum Fanatic

Ken-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Ken-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKen-Bob is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
No doubt Brees has the stuff. But in Manning's and Brady's defense, it takes two to make a completion. People rave about Garcon et al but I don't think the current crew of Colts receivers is in the same ballpark as Harrison in his prime. The Pats are slipping in this department as well.

I don't say this to disrespect Brees at all. I think, though, that it really points to just what a fine group of receivers we have in New Orleans. Colston doesn't get nearly the respect I think he deserves. When it's all said and done, I think Colston may be counted among the best to have ever played the game.
Ken-Bob is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
Pro-Bowler

SaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsGold has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebaSaint View Post
I have stopped counting the ways because I have so many. That dude is worthy of our adoration - in a very, very non-sexual, non-idolatry kind of way.
SaintsGold is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebaSaint View Post
This.

I still cant believe that he is our QB. After living thru Shuler, Wilson, the Bobby Joe's, Aaron brooks and just how lost we really were at that position, it still seems unreal that we have a QB that is a pure athelete and master of the game/position.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
Drag The Waters

FatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to behold
FatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to beholdFatCitySaint is a splendid one to behold
We are blessed to have the Brees in da Big Easy!!!!!
FatCitySaint is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #9
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-Bob View Post
No doubt Brees has the stuff. But in Manning's and Brady's defense, it takes two to make a completion. People rave about Garcon et al but I don't think the current crew of Colts receivers is in the same ballpark as Harrison in his prime. The Pats are slipping in this department as well.

I don't say this to disrespect Brees at all. I think, though, that it really points to just what a fine group of receivers we have in New Orleans. Colston doesn't get nearly the respect I think he deserves. When it's all said and done, I think Colston may be counted among the best to have ever played the game.
Brady has Moss. no defense there.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #10
this girl luvs the saints

saints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Club
saints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsGold View Post
I have stopped counting the ways because I have so many. That dude is worthy of our adoration - in a very, very non-sexual, non-idolatry kind of way.

I love Drew Brees because:
  1. He can grow facial hair and still not look evil
  2. He has beautiful blue eyes
  3. He can sing in the shower (kinda)
  4. He obviously is a great father and husband
  5. He is sincere and humble, yet walks tall and full of confidence
  6. He knows how to lead and leads by example
  7. He is the best quarterback in the world
  8. He leads the best team in the world
  9. He has the best fans in the world
  10. He knows all of the above and it still hasn't gone to his head
:hearts:

11 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
Subscribing Member

krushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Club
krushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Club
Unreal for a guy that is 6 foot, and a buck eighty. You would expect the big guys to be way ahead in the long ball catagory.
krushing is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #12
SR is my life!

Joseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Joseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
The comments about Drew not having a strong arm and being a "game manager" sure have disappeared. Geaux Brees!
Joseph Guidry is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #13
Payton+Ryan+Brees=SB

SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club
SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-Bob View Post

Sorry, but that excuse won't fly.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
Payton+Ryan+Brees=SB

SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club
SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints4eva View Post

I love Drew Brees because:
  1. He can grow facial hair and still not look evil
  2. He has beautiful blue eyes
  3. He can sing in the shower (kinda)
  4. He obviously is a great father and husband
  5. He is sincere and humble, yet walks tall and full of confidence
  6. He knows how to lead and leads by example
  7. He is the best quarterback in the world
  8. He leads the best team in the world
  9. He has the best fans in the world
  10. He knows all of the above and it still hasn't gone to his head
:hearts:
He strikes that balance beautifully doesn't he, about as good as I can ever remember from a star athlete.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.