Pelicans not expected to extend Ingram; signs point to prioritizing Trey Murphy III as their wing of the future (1 Viewer)

Pelicant do anything smart
the are keeping mccollum and willie green ,but won't keep ingram and JV

No wonder why anybody wont take this franchise seriously
ingram coming back from injury has been better then trey murphy against OKC ,while zion has yet to play in playoffs because he's a glass cannon

I'll be laughing when trae young is playing garbage basketball in a pels uniform (for 43-45-48 millions ,but hE fIt WiTh zIoN)

Trade mccollum if you have to chose between the 2 ,he's a 6th man bench player earning 30 millions per year ,this is the issue ,not ingram

Also 'forbes sports" ...

ingram coming back from injury has been better then trey murphy against OKC ,while zion has yet to play in playoffs because he's a glass cannon

I'll be laughing when trae young is playing garbage basketball in a pels uniform (for 43-45-48 millions ,but hE fIt WiTh zIoN)

Trade mccollum if you have to chose between the 2 ,he's a 6th man bench player earning 30 millions per year ,this is the issue ,not ingram

Also 'forbes sports" ...
Results have shown that Pelicans can’t go far with BI. If they’re smart they’d move both Ingram and McCollum in the same or separate moves and get better value back. Or just more consistently productive players. Ingram is the significantly better player between the two but he isn’t worth 50M per year. Pels have peaked with both players.

They can do better for 50M. Too much $ for an inconsistent oftinjured player who can’t get the team out of the play-in or 1st round. If he only’s good when Zion plays then he’s more of a complimentary salary player in Herb-Trey’s $ ranges.

Results have shown that Pelicans can’t go far with BI. If they’re smart they’d move both Ingram and McCollum in the same or separate moves and get better value back. Or just more consistently productive players. Ingram is the significantly better player between the two but he isn’t worth 50M per year. Pels have peaked with both players.

They can do better for 50M. Too much $ for an inconsistent oftinjured player who can’t get the team out of the play-in or 1st round. If he only’s good when Zion plays then he’s more of a complimentary salary player in Herb-Trey’s $ ranges.
Agree they need to move on from Ingram and McCollum, but Murphy is not a replacement for Ingram. Murphy does one thing well, and that's spot-up 3pt shooting. He'll occasionally drive but not consistently, and his mid-range game is practically non-existent. We need 1-3 players that can break down the other team off the dribble, and Trey is not the one to do that.

Also 'forbes sports" ...
They probably aren't keeping CJ either if they can move him.

Agree they need to move on from Ingram and McCollum, but Murphy is not a replacement for Ingram. Murphy does one thing well, and that's spot-up 3pt shooting. He'll occasionally drive but not consistently, and his mid-range game is practically non-existent. We need 1-3 players that can break down the other team off the dribble, and Trey is not the one to do that.
Give him another summer to develop his game. Cat is only 23 years old.

If you're goal is to get Murray. You aren't keeping CJ. Probably sending him to Detroit since they desperately need a high level Vet to build culture

Also, you can dead that Trea Young trade chatter. Griff despise Young's game. The only way he comes here is the Dennis and Gayle force him, because he would move tickets in NOLA.

I'm fine with this. I've said from the start that something about the BI, CJ, and Zion combination doesn't work. None of these guys should be the primary facilitator. They are too prone to iso play and the Pelicans are at their best when the ball is moving. With Jonas potentially gone, you essentially get rid of two of your main turnover problems next to Zion. If CJ goes, even better. This team is desperately in need of some dogs who play aggressive and aren't going to shrink when confronted with the top teams in a brutal Western conference.

If anyone saw Griff's season ending media availability (see @Taker597 thread), I think it is pretty clear that Zion, BI, and CJ are still in the Pels plans. All this "trade BI" nonsense is coming out of someone's click bait backside.

Pro tip: Ignore this kind of crap until you hear it from the Pels or see it actually take place.

We'll see this kind of poorly researched writing, and much more, before this offseason is over. At this point, NO ONE KNOWS. Not even Griff. Heck, they haven't completed their end of season evaluation yet.

But I do see Trey extended and I do see us begining to operate over the cap and I think we'll see a big change at the 5.

Last edited:
Give him another summer to develop his game. Cat is only 23 years old.
You either come into the league with a handle and shot creation or you don't. Not something you develop post 23 years old. Especially not to the level that is BI replaceable.

Also, have never heard of Evan Sidery as a reliable source to anything.

2 1sts + CJ + Dyson for Murray + Capela ....The numbers fit.

Package 3 1sts + Herb + BI for Booker + whichever player they add to make the numbers fit.

~

No point in having an all world defender if your team is only putting up 80-90 points a game (judgement based off the OKC game).

Anyone know if there's a no-trade clause?
He has a 15% trade kicker. That means that he would earn an additional $5.4M if traded. I would guess that who pays that would be part of the trade negotiation.

2 1sts + CJ + Dyson for Murray + Capela ....The numbers fit.

Package 3 1sts + Herb + BI for Booker + whichever player they add to make the numbers fit.

~

No point in having an all world defender if your team is only putting up 80-90 points a game (judgement based off the OKC game).
You don't trade Herb. Remember? That statement is even more true now.

He is now an offensive threat as well. He is one of the top 3 pt. shooters in the league (% - from about mid-season on). He is deadly from the right corner and very good from the left. His eurostep to the basket is as good as it gets

If you notice, most teams in the playoffs were scoring well under their season long scoring average. This is due to defense. Defense wins playoff games. OKC Defense, and resulting lower Pel scores is why they dominated us.

What have you got against Herb? Since the last time you wanted to get rid of him, his offensive game has increased drammatically and will continue to do so. He is arguably one of the most well rounded players (second only to Zion now that Zion has upped his D game). He is not just a defensive player.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom